2/16/2009

A decision has been made

Ryan Rowland-Smith made about the only choice he could make.
Ryan Rowland-Smith chose his livelihood over his country.

As expected, the Seattle Mariners' promising left-hander decided Sunday to stay in spring training rather than play for his native Australia in the World Baseball Classic.

He said Australia's manager, Jon Deeble, was disappointed but understood that Rowland-Smith didn't want to risk a major league job by missing at least 10 days of camp beginning March 2. He told Deeble he definitely wants to play for Australia in the next WBC four years from now.

"I'm better served here," said the brawny 26-year-old, one of seven candidates for five spots in Seattle's rotation. "I didn't want to derail what I'd worked for all offseason.

"It was a tough, tough, tough decision, but this is what's more important."
Food for thought from RRS.
"If I want to do something, I should do it 100 percent. I want to be in this rotation. All or nothing."

No comments:

Site Meter